sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2010

SEMINARIO CON NEIL LABUTE


Exercise 1: Write a 5 words text.

The tears and pain gone.

Exercise 2: Look at a picture and imagine a title and what would be the play about. (My picture was of a group of cheerful youngsters riding a car.)

The joy, the youth and the rush. The youngsters’ unconsciousness about the fact that their joy of life will be shattered by life itself.

Exercise 3: Write a short piece of drama based on a picture. (My picture was of an old man.)

DAUGHER— He pooed himself. Shit was everywhere. Everywhere, Molly. Dripping down his legs. I tried to make him laugh telling him a silly joke about monkeys, tried to make him forget his self-consciousness, Molly, but he didn’t laugh, he smiled at me and said: “Boo”. And then I started crying. He did not look at me, then. Stood straight, unblinking, martial gesture of his face… And I knew I had to leave. Leave and pretend that it didn’t happen. Leave knowing that he would not cry afterwards, as he has never cried before.

Exercise 4: Write the “This Is The Saddest Story I Have Ever Heard”

He waited for something to happen. She watched life passing by. They didn’t find each other and therefore, they died.

Exercise 5: After listening to Fox in the Snow, a monologue Labute wrote about two neighbours who start a relationship, write another monologue containing a) the title Fox in the Snow and b) any subject that got your interest. (In my case, the subject was ‘family’.)

--My brother was curled up in bed like some fragile doll that needs resting on a pillow. I stayed still on the threshold. My body still burning from his beating. I was hurt, but so was he. I took a step forward and called him: ‘Daniel?’ He did not move but dig his face on the pillow and mumbled: ‘mmm’. I got on my knees beside the bed. ‘Daniel?’ My brother sobbed: ‘I don’t wanna be like him. Not like dad, Inez, not like him.’ I felt like brushing his hair, but he looked like a butterfly that has been caught by a child and left without its shine. I did not touch him and he cried endlessly, a roar with such pain that I almost could see wounds in his chest letting the blood out, like a dead fox in the snow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario